Thursday, July 20, 2006

4000 visitors

Since this blog has been up, I've had about 4,000 visitors. I don't have an exact count due to problems with the counters – one didn't count all the hits and was recently hacked and the one that just counted them no longer works and has since been removed from the site.

What I often find most strange are the searches I get. Although this is changing, the vast majority of them have been for song lyrics. A good number have been for Mormonism, and I got a few people searching for the name of someone who left a comment here. Site meters are in fact a useful tool to let you see who has been visiting your website. I'm also surprised to see my site has been submitted to several directories, as I'm sure I didn't do it.

I'm appreciative of those who helped keep this blog going. I wasn't sure that'd survive so long and I'm also amazed that almost no one who knows me in real life has discovered my secret.

Of course, I'm bragging, who wouldn't? Almost every blog I've seen has some point where they celebrate whether it's the 100th post, 1000th visitor, or just some life milestone they took. It is also roughly the anniversary of when I got my exit letter, causing me to exit the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints officially. (Note to ye Blogger Editors: Leave this alone. I don't care how the church wants to refer to itself. That's the name it had when I was growing up. They can deal with it.)

But the truth is that you've read this far is that such posts are boring, I mean, yeah 4,000 visitors is great for me, but do you really care? Probably not. If you're a blogger, you're more interested in the success of your own blog. It's not selfish, it's just enlightened self-interest.

Now, according to the archives, this blog was started last September. It was a way for me to work out issues and just in general get some frustrations out. It's focus has shifted slightly, I don't think I originally intended to talk so much about previous religious affiliations, but as Robert Burns said, “the best laid plans of mice and men gang aft agley.”

3 Comments:

At Thu Jul 20, 05:40:00 PM 2006 , Blogger Gunner said...

Hello.

I like your blog for the simple reason that you write well. Most people, and I'm one, have a bad habit of writing "mad" or in haste. That makes for some crappy posts.

Since I've only been following your blog for a short time I will admit that I am rather in the dark when it comes to the "sexual" issue that you refer to sometimes. I also will admit that I have never come into contact, as far as I know, with someone in your position. Not an isolated life, just my path has never crossed someone in that place in life.

Keep blogging.

 
At Thu Jul 20, 06:11:00 PM 2006 , Blogger The Sinister Porpoise said...

It's probably a something called Gender Identity Disorder. I have alluded to sexual issues, but it's not quite what most people would think. I guess I should have been clearer. They are directly tied to Mormonism, but I am, in fact, celebate.

In short, gender issues and sexual issues are not the same thing. I have both and will probably dedicate a post to the nature of the latter in the next few days or so.

However, thanks for praising my writing and I hope you found my Carnival of the Veil post, buried as it is right now since I couldn't get the link in the e-mail for some reason.

 
At Fri Jul 21, 04:04:00 PM 2006 , Blogger Gunner said...

In short, gender issues and sexual issues are not the same thing.

Bad wording on my part. Like I said. No real life experience in this area of knowledge. what I see on TV is likely 90% wrong so I go in admitting my ignorance to start with.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home