Monday, September 25, 2006

This week will mark the one year anniversary of this blog. I mention it just becauswe it amazes me I've kept this up for a year. I'm also surprised at the way things have evolved. However, I am not going to spend too much time dwelling on it.

I've been a little depressed lately, I'm not sure why. I know I haven't quite feel like writing anything down here and don't necessarily feel up to it today. Whether this is becauze the Zoloft has stopped working or I'm just in a natural down due to the greyer fall weather is anybody's guess.

Not to mention I think the therapist mentioned earlier may be right about post traumatic stress disorder. I've looked up the symptoms but I just wish I could find more information on possible emotional causes of the disease or any diseases that mimic the disorder.

My feelings regarding the issue are complex. We typically associate the disorder with combat veterans and people who have been through disasters. I just have this vision of being in a support group filled with combat veterans, survivors of hurricanes or other disasters, and maybe one or two of the rescue workers who were at the World Trade Center and being laughed out of the meeting.

Perhaps that's a little harsh. If you know some of the things I went through including having to deal with crazy relatives, it would not be unlikely for psychological disorders to develop. Still, I don't know. Maybe it's one of those things I'd have difficulty accepting.

2 Comments:

At Tue Sep 26, 12:47:00 PM 2006 , Blogger Colleen said...

Happy one year of blogging :)

I sympathize with your having crazy relatives.

 
At Fri Sep 29, 07:13:00 PM 2006 , Blogger La said...

Happy Bloggaversary to you...

Booze, Arrested Development, and Erasure. SURE FIRED cure for the blues...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home