Wednesday, September 06, 2006

My Ill Will Towards Google is Increasing....

Quit screwing around with Blogger Beta. I've found a number of posts I've liked to comment on but can't simply because someone decided it was a good idea to seperate Google accounts from Blogger accounts. Letting people sign in with their Google accounts may in theory have been a neat idea, but it was a bad one in practice since you could no longer sign in with your old account. Well, all those offline blogging tools are now useless and the fixes I've found don't work. Thank you for that.

This new decision to seperate them is even more moronic. Why shouldn't someone who hasn't upgraded be able to comment on my blog if they so desire to do so. They can't. Only those who've switched to Blogger beta can and although Blogger still recognizes my original account, I get redirected every single freaking time asking me to log in with the new account whether I have or not.

It's time to abandon Blogger Beta as simply a bad idea, Google. It doesn't work and you're just causing people frustrations over things that used to work. Sure they may not have worked perfectly, but they did at least work. I'm getting sick of some moronic surprise being sprung on me every few days.

3 Comments:

At Wed Sep 06, 11:47:00 PM 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree.

I was so frustrated with Blogger and Beta that I've started looking into a template and using the resources through our site's account.

Three options:

Nucleus
Wordpress
b2evolution

It took me hours to figure out how to change values, using Dreamweaver 8, on my own page. You think it would take less than 3 months to figure out setting up a blog from scratch?

It was the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

This is Sideon, posting anonymously, since I'm NOT using Beta, and hence, cannot post officially.

 
At Fri Sep 08, 03:46:00 PM 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Google Sucks

 
At Fri Sep 08, 04:12:00 PM 2006 , Blogger The Sinister Porpoise said...

I feel that way, too. However, Google will work it out. Hopefully they won't keep this crap up or keep it in beta as long as they have Gmail.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home