Friday, September 01, 2006

Talking to Myself

“You don't have to keep me hidden forever you know.”

“Who are you?”

“I am part of you.”

“Why have you chosen to reveal yourself now?”

“I've been here all along. You've tried to ignore me.”

“What are you, my conscience?”

“No, although I can fill that role. I am the part of you that you've known was there all along, but life caused you to build a very different persona than the person we'd both like to have become.”

“What's wrong with me?”

“If you liked who you were two years ago you wouldn't have started down this road.”

“What road?”

“Why are you asking questions which you already know the answers to? The road of personal growth. The road of self-discovery.”

“But I already know who I am.”

“I do not deny you know you're given name and you've made great strides in discovering who you are, but you will not go as far as you need to until you accept all that that entails.”

“I can't do that yet.”

“I'll be here whether or not you are ready. In the end you'll have no choice but to face me one way or the other.”

2 Comments:

At Sat Sep 02, 10:09:00 PM 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

porpoises rock out loud! Still enjoy yuor writing!

 
At Tue Sep 05, 11:52:00 PM 2006 , Blogger La said...

I think you just simulated a conversation we all have with ourselves at one point or another.

Let that voice ring loud, baby...!

:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home