Friday, August 25, 2006

And the Porpoise is laughing....

The last post was the 150th on this blog. I knew this was coming up, I just didn't know when I'd hit it exactly. Some strange things have been happening to me in blog land, not the least of which is finding some odd sites shwoing up on the traffic trackers I use.

Now, it seems Blogshares uses a spider and would track down my blog eventually, but oddly I've been listed since last October. When I found this out I went to claim my blog not because I care all that much about Blogshares, but simply because I don't want someone claiming my blog as theirs. Maybe I'm a little possessive that way.

I've also become aware of my Technorati and Alexa rankings. Truthfully, I've tried to avoid knowing this information. I didn't watnt to get caught up in the types of contests these rankings seem to engender. I shouldn't really care that I'm ranked about 6 millionth in Alexa, or about 108 millionth in Technorati. Although the Alexa rankings seem to be choosing odd sites that people visit when they come here, I can kind of see the thought process behind linking to blogs that use and/or support Opensource software, since I use a good number of such programs myself.

So far the weirdest thing I've seen was that you can review blogs on Amazon.com! I really couldn't help doing a vanity search on Amazon for my blog on this one, but it seems I'm not listed. The upside of this is it means there are no bad reviews of my blog on Amazon. It also means there are no good ones, either.

3 Comments:

At Sat Aug 26, 12:50:00 AM 2006 , Blogger Joseph's Left One said...

That's too funny that they review blogs on Amazon. For the record, I love your writing and the grace with which you handle some pretty serious re-evaluations of life.

 
At Sat Aug 26, 05:52:00 PM 2006 , Blogger La said...

Just wanted to say hi!

Because you have my blog linked twice does that mean I'm doubly cool? Please say it does...

:)

 
At Sat Aug 26, 05:56:00 PM 2006 , Blogger The Sinister Porpoise said...

I do. I wonder how that happened...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home