Saturday, August 19, 2006

Arizona Expositor

I received an e-mail from you a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, I thought it was an e-mail notifying me of a comment on my blog, which it was not. I would have responded, but I intended to do it on my blog and unfortunately deleted it before I got the chance to. I suppose this really isn't a loss as it was mostly just a comment saying you agree with me that we're just preaching to the choir.

Although it would be better had I responded privately, I'll take the time now. Yes, we are preaching to the choir, but I'd like to think that what we're doing is in some way useful, and that it's more than just mental masturbation on our parts.

I hope this blog will be useful to those who, like me, were in some way injured by religion in getting them to think a little before abandonning it altogether. I'm not sure how successful I am, and it doesn't bother me if I'm not. I blog for other reasons as well, not the least of which is the joy of writing, and of course, getting paid a small amount for doing so. (Took me a while to figure this one out, but it's working now.)

The most useful thing we do is tell others who may be doubting the church that they are not alone. Others have discovered the same things they have and even though there's a lot of information about the church that isn't true on the Internet, there's a lot that is that isn't faith promoting. Ultimately, although we can help, the destination each person takes is up to them. It's their spiritual and personal journey after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home