Thursday, August 03, 2006

Carnival of the Veil Week 12: Bread and Porpoises


Step right up and see the wonders of this weeks Carnival of the Veil! We bring the finest of posts from around the Ex and Post Mormon world to you the reader. Tonight we have a very special guest ringmaster, The Sinister Porpoise.

Matt from Not A Mormon relates a tale of a beat up Mormon missionary. For those who may be wondering, this Matt is not the same Matt who ran the other NotA Mormon site. Read more here Mormon Missionary Got Beat UP

Eight Hour Lunch talks about the various languages he's studied during the course of his life. Personally, the part about Spanish brings up this German phrase: Das kammt mir Spanisch vor. And as a student of Latin myself, I can't help but think of Seneca's famous quote: Rident Stolidi Verba Latina. Read more here www.eighthourlunch.com/archives/20060731.php#language Let's just hope the church doesn't get any ideas about bringing back the pater familias.

The normal ringmaster and gracious host for many Carnivals of the Veil talks about attending a Mormon baptism as an apostate and the social repercussions of it. What a shame Mormons cannot respect a decision to leave the church. Read more here:
Attending a Mormon Baptism

Not having an extensive dating career myself, I can't say I'm really sure what Trixie Granny is talking about, but it seems to be about the aftermath of a breakup. Well, I'm sure other people will be able to sort it out better than I. Read more here Trixie Granny's Blog

C.L. Hansen from Letters from A Broad discusses being on the “Mommy Track.” Personally, I prefer having nieces and nephews. I can have all of the fun and none of the responsibility. Read more here: lfab-uvm.blogspot.com/2006/08/im-on-mommy-track.html#links

Darque from Heart of Darqueness offers a variety of video clips. Unfortunately, while I can watch them, I have odd technical issues with my sound card that can't be fixed. If you're more fortunate than I, watch the videos here darqueheart.blogspot.com/2006/07/lost-in-translation.html#links

Sideon from Sideon's Sanctuary compares Mormon Garments to chastity belts. I never went through the temple, so I never experienced wearing garments, but from what I understand wearing a chastity belt would be somewhat more comfortable. Read more here sideon.blogspot.com/

Over at Sons of Perdition they ask the eternal question of how to determine whose God is stronger. Read more here: sonsofperdition.blogspot.com/


Here at the Lair I ask to be woken up when September ends, read below. I'd quote it for you, but that would be redundant and arrogant. See the world's most intelligent cetacean sleep with one eye open.

6 Comments:

At Thu Aug 03, 11:57:00 AM 2006 , Blogger The Sinister Porpoise said...

Sorry, Matt. The link to your blog is screwed up right now. I'll fix it.

 
At Thu Aug 03, 01:15:00 PM 2006 , Blogger Sideon said...

Wonderful job, Sinister.

For the record, I've never worn garments OR a chastity belt. My evil twin, on the other hand, has probably tried both - maybe even at the same time.

 
At Thu Aug 03, 09:29:00 PM 2006 , Blogger Gunner said...

Pictures?

 
At Thu Aug 03, 10:52:00 PM 2006 , Blogger The Sinister Porpoise said...

The graphic is there now. I think it's the first time I've ever used a graphic on this blog.

 
At Fri Aug 04, 12:13:00 AM 2006 , Blogger Gunner said...

Sorry. I was talking about pictures of Sideon's "evil twin" brother. That would be a sight!

 
At Fri Aug 04, 01:34:00 AM 2006 , Blogger Just one of many said...

Hey enjoyed the carnival!! Where's the cotton candy?

The reason for my e-mail inquiry at CL's blog was due to my e-mailing Margaret Tascano at the University of Utah. I believe my bishop had privy information that could only have been gained from that e-mail. Having just left the church...running like hell i might add, I am just wondering how far the "Strengthening Membership Committee" extends

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home