Saturday, July 29, 2006

Groups I never thought I'd be a member of...

I must admit when I started this I never intended to be what is part of Outer Blogness. I also intended to intertwine serious posts with more light posts more often than I do.

I must admit that although the title bugged me at first, I do not mind being part of “Outer Blogness.” It's amazing how comfortable I can be with being a part of a group whose existence I never even guessed until about a week ago seeing Viva Ned Flanders complain about not being part of another group whose existence I had not guessed of called the Bloggernacle.

Now if Viva Ned Flanders wants to be part of this, I feel they should be. Whether the church likes it or not, New Order Mormons are a growing phenomenon.
Well, I feel for them, and if the fine folks over there ever decide to come over to Outer Blogness, we should certainly welcome them.

But discussions like this make me wonder what other groups I may be a part of and am simply not aware of. Let's see I'm aware of being left-handed, Ex-Mormon, Deist, role player, currently and to my shame a McDonald's employee (although this has been a great if unintentional weight loss tool. No, I can't explain it but I'm nearly down two pants sizes.), blogger, and several others I'm forgetting. But is there some secret cabal of left-handed, Ex-Mormon transgendered folks that I've been included in that I don't know about? If so, I want in now. If it's anything like my inclusion in the Outer Blogness category I'll probably stumble into the meetings by completing the initiation rituals without ever realizing that I had in fact done so. It probably involves obscure Latin quotes somewhere, or at least I hope so.

I suppose this happens to us all of the time. Certainly, at birth we get assigned to groups we never actually chose to be a member of (white, black, Asian, Native American, male, female, Mormon, Jewish, member of our particular family, etc.) But usually as we go through life we typically choose our associations thereafter. So, I find the situation with the blogging category I fall into slightly amusing.

2 Comments:

At Mon Jul 31, 07:23:00 AM 2006 , Blogger C. L. Hanson said...

Well, you know what they say:

"Be not afraid of Outer Blogness: some are born outer, some achieve blogness, and some have outer blogness thrust upon them."

;^)

 
At Tue Aug 01, 06:58:00 PM 2006 , Blogger Cyn Bagley said...

:-)... I never knew that I was part of outer blogness until I met c.l. hanson. (just a few months ago) I don't know that I ever cared... LOL

Thank goodness.. at least I don't fit into the celestial area... how boring...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home