Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Project Lazarus

Well, at least Blogger Beta has sprung no new moronic surprises on me lately, although they still have to fix some of the ones they have created. (Note: If you can't comment on my blog because you're not using Blogger Beta, I do allow anonymous comments. Unfortunately, I can't comment on some of the blogs I read regularly right now because of this little quirk. Geeze, let's try fixing this Google? Not to mention getting your beta to place nice with offline blog authoring tools instead of putting the burden on the developers. You're the twits who switched the software.)

Speaking of software, if you've followed one of my trends for a while, you know I use a good deal of open source software. Apart from writing, programming is one of my other hobbies. A while ago I'd found a good Pascal compiler that was compatible with Delphi – the problem was it didn't have the GUI interface that Delphi and Visual Basic use which actually does cut down on quite a bit of coding. (Delphi writes the code for you, it seems to be internally generated in Visual Basic.)

So strangely enough I happen upon a project called Lazarus. Lazarus is a GNU/open source attempt to build a Delphi-like environment. I haven't really played around with it too much yet, but it seems to work. I even dug out a bug I have on Delphi to see if it would be useful. I'll keep you updated as I play around with it.

If you ask me why I don't find such a product for Visual Basic, I'll just give you an evil look. Oh, and don't you think bus drivers are horrendously underpaid, especially the kind that drive those big yellow ones?

5 Comments:

At Tue Sep 12, 01:42:00 PM 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How true! Busdrivers are horribly underpaid for the job they do. The Porpoise is as insighful as ever!

 
At Tue Sep 12, 02:56:00 PM 2006 , Blogger The Sinister Porpoise said...

And now that my suspicions are confirmed...

 
At Tue Sep 12, 10:12:00 PM 2006 , Blogger La said...

What you said...

I wonder if I'm one of the ones who can't comment on your blog. Cause otherwise I would've already!

Let's give it a try, shall we?

 
At Tue Sep 12, 10:23:00 PM 2006 , Blogger The Sinister Porpoise said...

Anyone shold be able to. I can't comment on non-beta blogs that don't allow anonymous comments.

 
At Fri Sep 15, 12:00:00 AM 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Testing... one two three.

No workie. I can't use my blogger sign in.

Bah.

-Sideon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home