Friday, September 15, 2006

There is no Title Today

Much to my surprise I was included in the Carnival of the Veil this week. This is because although I did in fact intend to participate, I had suffered from a strange case of writer's block and could not think of anything to write for it. I'm not mad that what I wrote got included, I just finished it late and did not submit it. Oh well. It could have been better, too.

It seems I've not really been able to set the proper mood for writing which Ray Bradbury describes in his book Zen in the Art of Writing. I don't know how many people have read this book, or even are Ray Bradbuy fans. After reading some of his later stories, I can only conclude that his writing has gotten worse as he's gotten older.

I suppose I'm only bringing up writing because it seems a lot of the people in Outer Blogness are taking a break to write about their experiences with the Mormon church. Now, I don't really want to sit down and write a book about it, because it would out of necessity deal with somethings involving my family and I simply don't think some stories would be believed. (Some things you just have to live through.)

I suppose that's because a lot of us who do blog do it because one of our hobbies is writing. We may or may not have made it professionaly.. I know I certainly haven't. It's been a while since I've tried as well. I guess a bout of depression a few years back caused me to lose my interest in it. Even if I never make it, I'll still have a hobby that I enjoy. (At least that's one way of looking at it.)

As much as I'd love to be a feature columnist, I just don't see it happening in my life, unless by some miracle someone looks at this blog and says “By golly, let's get her to write for our paper.” For various reasons, I don't see that happening, not the least of which is that no one uses the phrase “By golly” in real life.

In the meantime, I guess I'll just continue blogging.

1 Comments:

At Sun Sep 17, 11:29:00 AM 2006 , Blogger C. L. Hanson said...

I would say that and definitely include the "by golly" -- the sentence doesn't have the same ring without it. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home