Saturday, May 20, 2006

Blogger edited one of my posts!

I don't believe it. I was reading through it today and in one post, a place where I said the LDS Church was changed to the Church of Jesus Christ. Yet at the same time, they've left all my references to them as Mormons alone.

I don't know who did this, and quite frankly, I'm ticked off about it. I did not refer to them in an offensive manner, I just wanted it to be clear which Mormon group I was referring to. (And like it or not, a lot of the Polygamist sects are Mormon. They are breakoffs and the embarassment the leadership in Salt Lake has over them is understandable.) Unfortunately, this edit obscures the meaning as too many groups call themselves the Church of Christ or something similar. Had they used the church's full name, which is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I probably wouldn't have objected either.

Whoever did this should immediately be fired. You have no business correcting how I refer to a specific organization, even if you find it offensive. Like it or not, referring to it as the LDS Church is acceptable and a lot better than how some people refer to it. What was the reason for the edit anyway? Google isn't even based in Utah is it? I can only imagine the people who Robert Kirby refers to as "Nazi Mormons" being so uptight over the name. And if you want to edit that, go right ahead, but anyone who's read the 5 Types of Mormons will know exactly what I'm talking about.

So, whoever felt this rather stupid edit was necessary needs to get back to the keyboard and change it back. I will be contacting Blogger directly if edits like this continue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home