Monday, November 06, 2006

    I've been told I should dedicate a blog exclusively to Anti-Mormonism. I've also been asked if all Ex-Mormons are gay or just the ones I know.   Well, considering the person who asked the question is Ex-Mormon herself whether or not the church considers her such, she might have wanted to think that one through a little better, but I didn't think about it myself at the time.

    The truth is while it would be easy to dedicate a blog to exposing the Mormon church, and people have done so.  (The long-winded Mormon Truth is a good example.)  Blogs are weblogs or personal journals where the thoughts of a person get aired -- or at least that's the personal weblogs.  Businesses sometimes use them and blogs are often used as a means of political commentary as well.   The truth is I already have enough blogs to keep me busy for awhile and I'm not very good about updating most of them.  This one is an exception as I consider it my "main blog."  This is usually where my best stuff goes.  Normal websites that I do not link to here such as Deconstructor's are the best place to go if you're looking for information on the darker side of Mormonism.

      And I will blog about what I wish to blog about, although the line of "Got Porpoise?" products might have a certain ring to it if there was enough interest.  On the other hand, I am tempted to make slight alterations to those "Got Purpose" bumper stickers every time I see them.


     



7 Comments:

At Tue Nov 07, 01:33:00 PM 2006 , Blogger Bishop Rick said...

"Got Porpoise?" I like that!

 
At Tue Nov 07, 01:33:00 PM 2006 , Blogger Bishop Rick said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Tue Nov 07, 07:42:00 PM 2006 , Blogger Molly The Mormon said...

People like you simply disgust me. All you think about is how, when, where, and how to speak poorly of the Lord's annointed.

You should be ashamed of yourself. If you spent more time paying tithing and visiting the poor, and administering to the sick, as you do bashing the faithful followers of Joseph Smith, you would be a great person.

I hope you can sleep at night.

NO SUNBEAM POINTS FOR YOU!!!

Sorry for yelling.

Ramiumptum,

Molly the Mormon

 
At Tue Nov 07, 08:11:00 PM 2006 , Blogger The Sinister Porpoise said...

As long as the porpoise gets its tuna, all is well and good.

 
At Wed Nov 08, 04:54:00 PM 2006 , Blogger MrAdVenture said...

I am not Mormon,not even a Christian in the common definaition,but slamming any group as a whole is simply wrong.There are good and bad and inbetween everywhee you look,no one should look down at another simply because by accident of birth they were raised in a certain faith.I have long enjoyed your views and have always supported you through ads etc,and will still do so,but with reservations.
We are not all the same,that is what we all have in commom!

 
At Wed Nov 08, 06:14:00 PM 2006 , Blogger The Sinister Porpoise said...

I do have a tendency to overdo the ads I think, although I personally have little control over their content...

It started a while ago when I was having a really hard time financially and was looking for ways to make extra income.

Anyway, that's not what's important. While I do do some slamming here, admittedly not much compared to others in the Blogsophere, I make it clear that mostly what I'm expressing is my opinion. I am at times out of necessity harsh to Mormonism because aspects of it affected me negatively. I am also aware of the positive aspects of coming from such a background.

In any case, I'll soon be working on my own manuscript in no way related to Mormonism. I don't know if it'll get published, but I do not intend to take time away from blogging to do so.

 
At Fri Nov 10, 02:05:00 PM 2006 , Blogger Sideon said...

No, not all exmos are gay. I do know a few token straights. I know several ambiguously and sexually ambivalent.

Post whatever you'd like. I enjoy your writing and your keen intellect.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home