Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Peter Priesthood

Well, while my bit of detective work into Molly to Molly the Mormon's identity proved to be incorrect, and I am unfortunately not free to release her identity. (Much like the person who had dinner with Carly Simon and found out who the song “You're so Vain” was about. Unfortunately, while there probably are people who would pay a good deal of money for the latter information, it seems that dear sweet Molly is only known among us here in Outer Blogness and by the people who have mistakenly taken offense to her writings.

No, today my subject will be Peter Priesthood. Unfortunately, I cannot support those of you who think this is Bishop Rick. While the assumption that he was Molly was understandable as they do have similar writing styles, I am afraid after seeing Peter's lovely blog, that his writing style is too dissimilar from Bishop Rick's to make the assumption that they are the same person. I also do believe this poor misguided soul is serious in some of his comments.

Peter, I know you do not read this blog, nor are you likely to at any point as you'll probably take the advice of a good Relief Society member like Molly, but I really think you do need to reconsider some of your thoughts. Your friend – if he is gay – is unlikely to be helped out of the condition by organizations such as Evergreen or Exodus. Therapy may help him if it is causing him distress but the truth is the condition is not a mental disorder. It may or may not have a genetic component, science has not cleared the issue up yet, but the evidence seems to be leaning in that direction.

So, though I doubt you'll see my blog, Mr. Priesthood, if you are serious about trying to help your friend, the first thing you can do is be there for him, and the second thing you can do is come research, especially about your own church's less than stellar treatment of such people. By the way, the title of this entry links to his blog.

10 Comments:

At Tue Oct 24, 12:57:00 PM 2006 , Blogger La said...

So BR got you to play too, huh?

I haven't even heard of Peter Priesthood...I'll have to follow your link.

 
At Tue Oct 24, 12:59:00 PM 2006 , Blogger La said...

P.S. Sinister, the link is messed up.

 
At Tue Oct 24, 11:38:00 PM 2006 , Blogger Bishop Rick said...

Now come on. I promise I am not Peter Priesthood. I agree with SP that he is sincere about his blog.

It kind of makes me sad. He seems like a great kid just trying to do what he thinks is right according to what he has been taught.

His link is: http://www.peter-priesthood.blogspot.com/

 
At Wed Oct 25, 09:42:00 AM 2006 , Blogger The Sinister Porpoise said...

The link is fixed, it's peterpriesthood.blogspot.com by the way...

It was just an issue of putting http:// in front of it so Blogger didn't think it was pointing to MY blog.

 
At Wed Oct 25, 11:03:00 AM 2006 , Blogger La said...

Having read PP's blog I agree that he's not Bishop Rick.

Is PP even around anymore? His posts are so spread out...

 
At Wed Oct 25, 12:01:00 PM 2006 , Blogger The Sinister Porpoise said...

Bishop Rick's link is also valid and points to a different blog further confusing the issue.

Now I'm not so sure...

In any case, the Peter Priesthood whose blog is linked to is most definitely not Bishop Rick.

 
At Wed Oct 25, 01:32:00 PM 2006 , Blogger La said...

Oh YEAH! That link of BR's is different. Way to point that out, and I'm reading this other one right now.

K I read it. I HAS to be satire. What a weinie.

 
At Wed Oct 25, 03:09:00 PM 2006 , Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

Hi Sinister Porpoise!

I checked your link and the blog that has me believing that Molly, Bishop Rick, and Peter P are one and the same is different than the one you posted about. BR listed it in his comment, it has a dash between peter and priesthood.

And if it IS Bishop Rick, I still maintain he is a comedic genius.

 
At Sun Nov 05, 12:21:00 PM 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to clearify not that you are likely to read this. The address with out the - is mine and does not seem to be the one that was originally talked about. Especially since I dont actually know any of you or talk about a gay friend having struggles. But good luck figuring it out.

 
At Sun Nov 05, 02:31:00 PM 2006 , Blogger The Sinister Porpoise said...

I *do* read the comments on the blog and even respond to them. It was in fact an honest mistake although I probably should correct the link.

I hope this hasn't caused you any trouble as I intended to link to the one with the hyphen, not your blog.

Had I followed the link on Molly the Mormon's blog it would not have happened.

If it is causing you problems, let me know and I'll correct the link.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home