Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The 59th Street Bridge Song

I know many people will write about General Conference but I thank whatever higher power you may or may not believe in that I did not catch this semi-annual Mormon occurrence. (Is that the correct word or is it biannual? I'll have to look that one up again.)

Despite a few setbacks things have been going fairly well for me. I've nearl.y reached one of my long term goals and am actually starting to make more money online than I am at my current job. (On the downside, this means I have a exciting new world of how taxes on enterprises you make over $400 a year get filed. Not looking forward to that discovery at all.)

Yet despite a new and frustrating venture into the undiscovered IRS country, I've actually been in a pretty good mood lately. Moreso than I have been in the past couple of months. It seems though that I really do need to sit down and start planning some things out. It's not that I can't do this, it's just that like many other people I have a tendency to procrastinate. It's not even that I don't have a plan mentally, I just have to put it down on paper.

Perhaps this is the one good thing about my religious background. Goal setting is useful and even journal writing is useful, but not as the Mormons like to present it. I'm glad my early journals were missing. The pathetic attempts to make them sound uplifting would make me sick. That's not what they're for, now I use it as well as other mediums such as this blog to work out my emotions.

Still, it just feels good after trying for so long to finally achieve what you had set out to do in the first place. Of course, I may keep my job simply for socialization purposes.

1 Comments:

At Thu Oct 05, 08:34:00 AM 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

bi-annual - every 2 years
semi-annual - twice every year.

Don't we wish that the GC would be a bi-annual event!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home