Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I wish I had a normal life

I can't tell how many times I've seen this lament from even non-transgendered individuals. This is one view point that I cannot empathize with. It's not that I'm cold or uncaring, it's just that the phrase is as meaningless to me as color would be to someone who's been blind since birth. With Mormonism, ostracism, parentage and left-handedness as well as the gender issues, it was just out of the question.

I'm not bitter about this (or at least not anymore.) I'm in fact comfortable with my weirdness now. Even though someday I would like to meet someone weirder.

If you're reading my blog, you're in the process of deciding to do something unusual or have already have made the choice. Remember, if you choose not to decide you still have made a choice. (Catchy tune, isn't it?)

If you transition, you will never be normal as far as society is concerned. Don't let it stop you. Finding out who you are is about your happiness. And what matters is not if you are normal, but if you are happy. Oh yeah, the link to Art Bell really doesn't have anything to do with this article, but you can't really discuss anything weird without some passing mention to his radio show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home