Wednesday, October 05, 2005

And a southpaw shall rule them all...

A quick Google search the other day revealed this fascinating tidbit at http://english.pravda.ru/main/18/90/360/15765_lefthanded.html

Of course I agree with the author entirely that left-handed people are superior and should take over the world. If this happens to be achieved by me solely this is an added bonus, but I find it hard to believe in many ways. Yet despite the delightful kookiness of this article, there are some profound insights I can draw here. Nor do I like him calling southpaws a seperate “race.” I hope that was a translation error.

Yes, left-handed people do indeed see the world differently from right-handed people. I don't know the exact reasons for this, but I think it comes from having to deal with every thing slightly out of phase for them. Is this a consequence of the strange genetics that made them left-handed or something else entirely? There is a parallel to that and the transgendered individual. In fact, I see many of the same traits when certain types of mental illnesses are described. I wonder if it's because the traits are so general that many people within the group will exhibit them or if not looking at the world the same way gives us a special insight. Not only that, talking to someone who views the world in a different way than you do can occasionally be refreshing or provide a valuable insight to a problem. Give it a try sometime.

I tend to think it's the latter. Being able to look at the world in a different way is a special gift and useful to humanity. It's given us great art and great inventions. None of my eccentricities have enabled me to develop psychic powers or X-ray vision, which makes me wonder if I should demand the money I paid for them back.

1 Comments:

At Wed Oct 05, 04:06:00 AM 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Young professionals can make a difference
Last week, more than 400 young professionals gathered for Bold Fusion 2005, the second annual young professionals summit produced by YPCincy.com, the regional network of young professional organizations.
Good blog. Cool as!! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I've got a payday site/blog. U can find payday related stuff.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home