Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I've had over 200 posts

I suppose we all occasionally use our blogs to express moments of self-doubt. I know this blog hasn't always been as good as I'd like it to have been and you can't always write every post with the same quality. Some will be better than others.

As I'm move the archives over to the blog's new home, I noticed that the tone of this blog changed over the two years its been up. I never intended it to focus on Mormonism as much as it did. Yes, it was a major part of my life and strangely I think of myself as Ex-Mormon. (Are Mormons the only group that feels the need to continue with the label?)

Now in some ways I'm cursing myself for writing so much early on. I've got a almost 200 posts to move, and this entry will be the 204th to appear on this blog. I don't know if there's an easier way to do this, and I'll probably have to go and convert some of the tags Blogger uses that do not have meaning to a Movable Type blog.

But it blogging has been good. It let me know where my strengths as a writer lie, in much the same way as my attempts at detective fiction are making me question whether or not I should be doing it. Perhaps instead of trying to write fiction, I should go into thoughtful essays on my personal philosophy. The only problem I have with that is that I'm not sure that there's a market for it.

Don't worry, I'll keep on blogging and sometime in the near future, the link will be sinisterporpoise.com, not sinisterporpoise.blogspot.com

2 Comments:

At Tue Feb 27, 08:44:00 PM 2007 , Blogger The Sinister Porpoise said...

You live in Australia? It warms my heart to know that Polygamous Mormon breakoff groups make you think of a Pennsylvania Dutch Ex-Mormon.

 
At Wed Feb 28, 11:51:00 AM 2007 , Blogger The Sinister Porpoise said...

The Amish are well-known for their vast Internet presence.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home