Friday, February 09, 2007

Happy Birthday

I don't know if any of you care, but February 10th is my 30th birthday. Strangely it seems to be no big deal, but it's not like it should be, should it? After all it's an arbitrary number and its not a big accomplishment.

I mean it's not hard to look back on our life and see where not where we expected to be when we were younger or how our dreams may not have exactly turned out the way they planned. It's not unusual. We learn as we get older that the ideals that were driven into our heads when we were younger aren't exactly the way things work in the real world and sometime after we turn 20, we learn we don't really know everything. Fortunately, I continue to maintain the illusion that I do know everything quite successfully.

I'm trying to be entertaining here and in some way thoughtful, but I must admit I've found that to be a little bit harder of late than of usual. Perhaps it's because of a mindset shift in my own life. It may or may not be the case.

Of course I'm sure my readers have noticed this in the blog itself, but at least so far they have been kind enough not to mention it. So, while I don't plan on going out and exactly having a Bacchanalia, I think I'll be spending the next day or so celebrating.

3 Comments:

At Sat Feb 10, 03:13:00 PM 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huzzah for the porpoise! Congratulations on achieving three decades of excellence!

 
At Sat Feb 10, 07:48:00 PM 2007 , Blogger The Sinister Porpoise said...

So the Valkyrie arrives...

 
At Mon Feb 12, 02:28:00 PM 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday!

I hope you had a good time celebrating. I've appreciated reading your thoughts.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home