Wednesday, November 22, 2006

    If my readers will forgive me for writing a rambled and disjointed post, I will share with them some news.  I've hinted at a project I'm working on.  Like many others in Outer Blogness, I've decided to write a book after a publisher asked to see a manuscript from me.  I'm not too excited about this because it merely means a publisher asked to see a manuscript, nothing more.  A number of things could keep it from the eventual publication.

     But like the established writer, Natalie R. Collins, I'll be working on a mystery series. (I might also start work on two "Roman" based works I've had ideas about for awhile.)  Thankfully as my idea is a film-noir fantasy mix it will blissfully not mention Mormons in any way and although they may exist in my fictional world, they will not be the focus of the work.

     Secondly, I've somehow managed to get the fourth ranking for "porpoise" on Google's search.  I'm not sure how this happened and it's the blurb someone else submitted to the open directory project.  I'm not sure I can change this, although I'd very much like to.  (Even though this has happened, the vast majority of the searchers who come to this blog will still probably be looking for song lyrics.)   I suppose just to placate these searcher although they seem to be rare, I might have to post things about actual porpoises.  (And by the way to the one searcher -- that's Joseph Smith is a lier, lair is a completely different and unrelated word.  Joseph Smith was probably a lier, but he was never a lair.)

7 Comments:

At Fri Nov 24, 10:55:00 PM 2006 , Blogger Cyn Bagley said...

Good luck with the book. I am writing more in the modern dark fantasy field. :-)

 
At Sun Nov 26, 01:53:00 AM 2006 , Blogger Bishop Rick said...

Let us all know when the first book is available. That would be really cool if you get the commission.

 
At Mon Nov 27, 05:47:00 PM 2006 , Blogger Sideon said...

Best of luck, Sinister.

I'm green with jealousy - at least you HAVE a manuscript.

 
At Tue Nov 28, 01:14:00 AM 2006 , Blogger Sister Mary Lisa said...

I wish you luck. It's great you are following a dream!

 
At Tue Nov 28, 12:55:00 PM 2006 , Blogger C. L. Hanson said...

Wow, how exciting!!!

That's fantastic that you've already demonstrated enough promise that a publisher would be asking you for a manuscript!!! :D

 
At Tue Nov 28, 05:07:00 PM 2006 , Blogger The Sinister Porpoise said...

I am thankful that my ranking for 'porpoise' has gone down considerably.

Perhaps I was not clear. They only asked to see the manuscript. While that's not terrible news, it's not definite either. If they decide to publish it, great. If not, I'll make it electronically available in some form. (I will not however be posting it in blog chapters.)

While it's exciting, I'm not losing sight of the other projects I've undertaken either.

Now if I can just wrest control of the cheap laptop I bought away from the person currently in possession of it before horrible things are inserted to the task bar which will be difficult to remove.

 
At Wed Dec 06, 07:32:00 AM 2006 , Blogger Stephen said...

Glen Cook fantasy or Laurel Hamilton fantasy detective noir?

As for on-line publishing, have you seen:

http://www.ethshar.com/thevondishambassador1.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home