Wednesday, November 15, 2006

November 20th

    I started out to write this entry a few days ago.  Even those who are engaged in writing in a casual way know how difficult it is when you set down to write something in mind.   This is true even if it's as something as typically as short as a blog entry is.

     However, I did have something in particular I wanted to address for this entry and have it included in this week's Carnival of the Veil.  I may be writing about it a little early, but the dates of the carnival deadline and November 20th don't quite match up.

    What's special about November 20th?  Perhaps I've treated the subject too lightly up to this point.  It's not that it's my birthday.  (The Sinister Porpoise's birthday is in February.)  No, it is a sad day if you are aware of what it signifies.  November 20th is the Transgendered Day of Remembrance.

       I wanted to do some research on it, but I'm not the type of person who can make my writing fit well if I'm encumbered by too much facts.  I strongly recommend doing a Google search and visiting the other sites where the people who were murdered are remembered.

      I'd prefer not to address this at all.   I wish we could live in a world where people were not murdered for their differences but it's all too easily to late irrational hate turn into anger and let your anger guide you.  

       They paid a price for being true to themselves.   May we all never have to pay such a price.


P.S. I don't know if I was unclear but the day remembers people who were murdered. I don't know if Mattt's comment is trying to point out my lack of clarity, humor, or knowledge I personally don't have.

5 Comments:

At Wed Nov 15, 11:43:00 PM 2006 , Blogger Just one of many said...

I have a compassionate view towards all since leaving the Morg. I think that being in the body of something that doesn't match emotionally must be hell. I think that we all have our struggles to find what truly brings us happiness...I sincerely hope you find yours!! :)

 
At Thu Nov 16, 05:08:00 PM 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's not forget that mny Transgendered people gave their lives in war time, too.

 
At Thu Nov 16, 06:34:00 PM 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"but I'm not the type of person who can make my writing fit well if I'm encumbered by too much facts."

Who knew you had something in common with Ann Coulter and Bill O'Reilley.

 
At Thu Nov 16, 09:05:00 PM 2006 , Blogger The Sinister Porpoise said...

Um... Matt, what do you mean?

Equality --

Well, I'm not on the radio or pretending what I write is something everyone should listen to.

We should all thank Bill O'Reilly for giving us Steven Colbert though.

 
At Fri Nov 17, 12:06:00 AM 2006 , Blogger Bishop Rick said...

Sinister,

Is there a URL or article that talks about those that were murdered? I humbly admit I don't know about this.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home