Sunday, October 23, 2005

Score one for the Catholics

Odd, for some reason Blogspot does not want to publish this post.

Now this came as a shock, but a rather pleasant surprise. Why can't our own protestant denominations here in the US realize that when it comes to scientiffic accuracy they're fighting a losing battle by sticking to the Bible. In fact, if they got rid of the Infallibility of the Pope and that whole rigid hierarchy I might seriously consider converting to Catholicism. Finally, a religion that's getting the necessary change. Of course, the Catholics have a bad track record when it comes to challenging scientiffic theories with its stance against Copernicus and Gallileo. I think they've learned their lesson.

Of course, I probably shouldn't rejoice in something like this or even put it on my website, but when I see something like this I am overjoyed. In fact, the last pope even said “Faith should not contradict reason.” Don't know how close Pope John Paul II is to becoming a saint, but he was one of the great world leaders regardless. This is the sort of thing that makes me happy when I see it and I just can't wait until the Southern Baptist Convention receives such enlightenment.

Sorry, I know I should not make fun of religion when it does not deserve it, but on the other hand, I have personal prejudices against Baptists which occasionally let themselves through from time to time.
Now in so many ways I'm racing against time in my personal life and have no real desire to do so. I plan on finally telling my therapist about my gender confusion this week. I don't know exactly what to expect and online research can only do so much. I will not let my own fears hold me back this time, nor will I lie about it any more (at least not to her.)

At times I wish time was not our enemy at our life, but lately I find myself angry that the previous time to explore myself was robbed from me by otherwise well-meaning people. It's one of those dangerous angers that has no obvious outlet and I may have problems with if I let it fester inside of me. Perhaps it's time to get my dartboard out again and work out some aggression. Then there's the additional time of which I robbed myself by not confronting it sooner.

I hope you don't mind if I ask for your prayers or whatever metaphysical aid you wish to send me as I face some rather trying times right now. As long as you're genuinely praying for help and not some sort of “cure” or “conversion” of me, you have my permission.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home