Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Accepting things

I didn't know what to expect when I started this blog exactly, I just thought I'd be writing to myself and working some things out for the most part. I've found much to my surprise that it has readers, not to my surprise, I found it's taken on a life of its own.

I have commented once or twice on the strange dichotomy of how I feel. Knowing one thing but emotionally feeling another. And the reading of Lao Tzu's classic has given me a better insight on it, although I promise this is the last article that will mention it!

Anybody who has read the Tao Te Ching knows about the opposites it plays on and expect you to work them out for yourself what it means, yet despite being ancient and translated, I found it remarkably easy to understand. (Which I've also said.)

But this also seems to be the state to accept how many of us feel, the interplay of our rational minds and our emotions always at conflict with each other. Can peace be found in accepting the conflict as it is and then proceeding with it despite their contradictory nature? It seems to be the only way for me right now as I work this out and of course, I'm more worried about other things right now.

1 Comments:

At Thu Jun 01, 02:00:00 PM 2006 , Blogger The Sinister Porpoise said...

I love comments like the one above. Please don't make me turn back on word verification.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home