Monday, October 31, 2005

That still small voice

At times I wish I could give out fashion tips or advice on passing, but there are plenty of other sites out there that serve those needs for transgendered individuals. Partly this is because I have no fashion sense to begin with and partly because that's not what I want to write about.

I know this site appeals to a somewhat limited audience and if I wanted more readers I'd probably be better off discussing straight politics, but with talk radio and the blogosphere I feel enough people are already filling that role that I do not need to add my voice to it, since attention in that forum often goes to who can scream the loudest. Rarely is the small voice of common sense heard in such an arena and even if it was, the voice of common sense simply wouldn't belong to me to begin with.

Even so there is a parallel in our own lives. How often do we not listen to that quieter voice inside of us that needs to be heard? I'm not talking about paranoid delusions here, but rather the voice that is sometimes called our conscience. That little part of our brain that tells us right from wrong. At times it is so easy to ignore, but it is nothing if not persistent when it feels it needs to be heard.

The funny thing the voice must go into part of our subconscious as well as it seems to be able to work out things well before we do, or at least it seems to be able to admit things the mind that controls our daily life does not, nor does it let us forget. At many times it is the quiet, nagging partner in our lives that we simply wish would go away.

I don't know if it was the same voice that told me all along I needed in someway to work out these issues. I think it may very well have been and it would have been the one time when my conscience bothered me on something that related to me directly. Perhaps because I felt keeping my feelings of gender confusion a secret would eventually destroy me. If that's the case, for once, I'm grateful that it was there, rather than bringing about the nagging guilt of letting me know I've screwed up once again.

8 Comments:

At Tue Nov 01, 01:57:00 PM 2005 , Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Tue Nov 01, 01:59:00 PM 2005 , Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Tue Nov 08, 02:10:00 AM 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a anxiety medicine site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At Thu Nov 10, 08:20:00 PM 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

sent Straight to your Inbox for your Convenience, you wont have to Search the Internet day after day...

 
At Tue Nov 15, 08:22:00 PM 2005 , Blogger Roberto Iza Valdes said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Sat Dec 10, 02:58:00 PM 2005 , Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Thu Dec 28, 05:41:00 AM 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI! I just wanted to tell you that i really liked your site and you did a great job with it. Just for your note http://muiscsfind.org has great music there.

 
At Fri Aug 24, 04:20:00 PM 2007 , Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home