Tuesday, December 13, 2005

As I'm in a somewhat whimsical mood today, I thought I'd do a short post reflecting it. It's obvious that things still aren't going all that well for me and I'm not sure when they're going to look up, but on the bright side, I can be sure that they will look up eventually. I'm just not sure how much worse they will get first.

One of the things I dislike the most about humanity is how we so easily find comfort in the misfortune of others. Somehow, it's okay if someone else is having rough times simply because we can look at our own situation and say "at least it's not me."

It is comforting, but I often wonder why it should be. I don't really have a good answer to this one, except our own skewed perceptions. They always focus on our own situations first. It's not a good or bad thing, it simply is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home